CALL FOR PRESENTERS
The Canadian Consulate in Houston is currently looking for innovative Canadian start-ups interested to showcase their Clean Technologies by attending the Canadian Energy and Clean Technology Showcase, scheduled for September 12-15 in Houston, TX. Companies in the alternative/renewable sector industry and clean technologies in general are welcome to attend, with water and smart grid carrying significant potential on the Texas market. The program is open to a maximum of 6 Canadian companies, with company submissions evaluated by a panel of technology experts within the industry.
There are several reasons for a company to participate at this event:
- To gain access to potential funding.
- To gain visibility and traction within the energy and clean tech communities in Texas
- To attract potential customers
- To cultivate alliances or partnerships with other companies
The Canadian Consulate in Houston will:
1. Submit the applications received to Rice Alliance, which will evaluate the applications and select the companies that will participate at the program and will present at the Rice Alliance Venture Forum.
Participation at the Forum includes:
participate in Investor Office Hours: introductory, 1-on-1 meetings with venture capitalists, corporate investors, and other angel investors on September 13th
Last year’s participants, had a minimum of 4 1-on-1 meetings each.
opportunity to pitch company to 400+ attendees at the Venture Forum on September 14th
participate in the Company Showcase on September 14th to network with local industry leaders.
2. Provide a coaching session on elevator pitch presentations.
3. Conduct interviews with selected companies and pre-arrange 1 to 2 one-on-one meetings with potential partners/customers on the Texas market.
The deadline to present a complete application is Friday, July 14h.
Company submissions will be evaluated by a panel of technology experts within the industry, and selection announcements will be made Friday, July 21st, 2017.
There is no cost for Canadian companies to apply or to present.
Please send your application DIRECTLY to Maria Bofill at the Canadian Consulate in Houston if you would like to participate in this program.
For additional information, the companies interested in participating should contact:
Trade Commissionner -Déléguée Commerciale
Consulate of Canada / Consulat du Canada
5847 San Felipe, Suite 1700 - Houston, Texas 77057